Theatre West has had a great year!
- Under new leadership, we staged two main stage productions this year, both written and developed in workshop at Theatre West and featured casts and crews directly from our membership – The Night Forlorn (or Waitin’ on Godsford) by Steve Nevil won best play at the Valley Theater Awards and The Man Who Saved Everything by Benjamin Scuglia had a profound impact on professionals in the mental health community.
- Company members won awards at the Valley Theater Awards – Dina Morrone won Best One Person Performance for The Italian in Me and June Schreiner got Best Featured Actress for The Night Forlorn (or Waitin’ on Godsford.)
- We celebrated our 55th anniversary with a star studded tribute to our most beloved long time member, Lee Meriwether.
- Renowned muralist, Levi Ponce, gifted us with a mural of Judy Garland as “Dorothy” on the west exterior of the building.
- We tried something new – free Shakespeare in the park across street from the theatre.
- We partnered with other organizations to produce educational and networking events open to the entire Los Angeles theatre community.
- We created an advisory board comprised of business professionals and nonprofit leaders with specific expertise.
- Our award winning children’s theatre, “Storybook Theatre” opened its 36th season!
There was something going on all the time, all year, at Theatre West.New works are in development, new programs have been established, new relationships have been formed. It’s a new day at Theatre West. Please support us!
We’re raising money right now for upgrading our outdated lighting system, making our home more accessible to people with disabilities, and mentoring a new generation of theater artists. Your tax deductible gift will help us improve our audience experience and give more at risk children their very first live theatre experience.
You can send a tax deductible check to:
3333 Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Or make an online contribution with a credit card by clicking on the button below. THANK YOU and we’ll see you next year!